1. Finish and publish EPOCH
Check. I published EPOCH on Halloween 2012. In February 2013 I released a revised edition featuring new layout by Marcus Bone, and new card art by Doug Royson. Print on demand cards were released in February and this week I released a print on demand version of the game book. I am proud of EPOCH and encouraged by the steady sales that it has maintained, even though I don’t think it’s broken into mainstream gaming consciousness.
2. Write a good selection of scenarios for EPOCHCheck. I’ve personally written and published 5 EPOCH scenarios, the latest being included in the new collection Frontier of Fear. There are a total of 8 EPOCH scenarios in print, with a further 3 in various stages of readiness for release, and another 5 that are still a gleam in the eye of their author.
3. Run the Call of Cthulhu campaign Beyond the Mountains of MadnessPartial check. The campaign is 90% complete, I hope to run the final sessions shortly. I’ve posted about the campaign here.
4. Run the Warpstorm Trilogy, a Rogue Trader campaignNope, this remains high on my list of games I want to run, and I hope to begin it as soon as Mountains is complete.
5. Attend upcoming local tabletop roleplaying conventionsPartial check. I attended Fright Night and Kapcon 22, but didn’t attend Day of Games or Confusion in 2012.
6. Write and publish my Call of Cthulhu resourceNope. EPOCH has taken all my writing resources of late, and without any clear deadline, this project has languished.
7. Write and possibly co-run a zany disco based game with MikeNope, sadly this did not come to fruition despite a series of e-mails proposing an awesome Bill and Ted style game featuring a ‘dice tower of power’.
So, what goals for the next twelve months? Here's my list:
- Write and publish more EPOCH scenarios. I’d like to see a total of 20 scenarios in print by this time next year.
- Write and publish the EPOCH companion. This includes some expansion rules and new cards for EPOCH as well as my mini-series rules and scenarios.
- Write a scenario for Esoterrorists. Marcus has been talking about this, and if he still wants it, I’d be pleased to repay some favours and write an Esoterrorists scenario for him.
- Run the Warpstorm Trilogy for Rogue Trader.
- Attend Day of Games and Buckets of Dice in Christchurch.