Friday, May 25, 2012

Noble Dogs


Several years ago I ran what I believe to be one of the best single-session Call of Cthulhu scenarios of all time.  That scenario is My Little Sister Wants You To Suffer which is one of a collection of scenarios included in Cublice 7’s Cthulhu Britannica.  I liked it so much I ran the scenario 7 times for more than 35 different players, posted a review online, (Spoiler Warning)  and even made available the additional materials I had created to enhance the game (a sectional map, simplified character sheets and handouts, computer voice prompts etc.).  It remains an enduring favourite scenario for me, containing the right level of complexity, lethality, hilarity with a killer twist.

I’m therefore very pleased to say that Paul Fricker, the author of My Little Sister, has released a new one-off scenario for Call of Cthulhu called Dockside Dogs.  He’s made this scenario available for a small donation into cancer research.  You can support cancer research here [EDIT: Updated as Paul has now set this up via DriveThru RPG]. Dockside Dogs is a modern-day scenario for 3-6 players and includes character sheets for Mr. Beige, Mr. Purple, Mr. Black, Mr. Red, Mr. Silver and Mr. Green.



Congratulations to Paul, both for donating his work to such a worthy cause, and for his contribution to the forthcoming 7th Edition of Call of Cthulhu.


In other news I have commenced running ‘Beyond the Mountains of Madness’ and am enjoying finding the right balance for the slow start to the campaign.  Hopefully the time and effort spent in this early phase, developing the characters, and their relationships, will pay dividends in drama when we get to the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment